Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ah, To Be Twitterpated


Some of us old enough may remember with me a sweet little children’s story based somewhat on the Bambi character in the Hollywood film.  As I recall this story also concerned a cute little rabbit; it was the only one in its family that could not raise its long soft ears like all the other rabbits.  An elder helpful and wise guide explained that the little rabbit should employ twitterpating to overcomne the unfortunate affliction.  I do not remember how the story continued, but once the little one did twitterpate, to its delight, its ears promptly stood up just like the others’.

For some completely irreverent reason this story came to mind when I read in today’s NYT a short news filler about Pope Benedict XVI’s communicating via Twitter for the very first time.  The little photo that accompanied this news flash showed that the Pope too had a skilled and very helpful guide in this technological climb into the twenty-first century. The photo I show comes from the Vatican itself and shows several cardinals standing by to help.

The Pope tweeted:  “Dear Friends, I just launched News.va Praised be the Lord Jesus Christ! With my prayers and blessings, Benedictus XVI.”

I wonder if St. Peter, with his heavenly IPad, will also be there guardian of this new portal and through it permit us into heaven…

No comments:

Post a Comment